Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

25 weeks

Only a few more weeks away from my last trimester!  Time is really flying.  I just realized that this is our last Christmas as a family of 3.  Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait for our baby girl to arrive, but there are times when I get a little sad about Jacob not being my only baby anymore.  I know other moms can understand my sentiment.  I treasure my one on one time with Jacob so much, and I know that it will be a little more difficult to find that time once our little girl is here.  I always hear of moms feeling this way; they wonder how they can love another child just as much as their first.  Then they deliver their baby and they realize that they really do have even more love to give!  That's fun.  =)

This week has been tiring.  Sleep hasn't been that great and the baby is moving more and more every single day.  She was head down at the last appointment, which explains all the kicking that's happening higher up in my belly.  The more she grows the more round ligament pain I get.  Round ligaments are in the pelvis.  As the baby grows the round ligaments stretch and can cause pelvic pain.  Basically it feels like someone kicked me in the you know what.  Haha.

We are enjoying the holiday season at our house.  The tree is up and decorated and we only have a few more lights to put up outside.  We have been listening to Christmas carols every single day and watching our favorite Christmas movies (Home Alone 1 & 2 and Elf).  Jacob has a calendar stocking, so every day he moves the little felt candy cane to the right date and finds a treat in the associated pocket.  He gets SO excited and enjoys counting down the days till the big day.

Okay...so I have a decorating dilemma.  The kids are going to have to share a room, which is fine since the baby will be with us in our room for a little while.  I was thinking of going with a neutral wall color and then just personalizing their own side, but then I saw a picture of this room and became obsessed...


I saw this on Etsy because I was looking at wall decals.  I love all the tree and bird/butterfly things they have.  It's so whimsical, calming, pretty etc.  I just don't know if this wall color is too girly for a 4 year old boy to have as well?  What if it's personalized with all the things he likes (cars, dinosaurs, trains etc.) - would that work? 

I also like this dresser:


We got a changing table for Jacob when he was a baby and used it ONCE.  I figured we would get a dresser this time, and if we wanted to we would buy one of those contour changing mats and put it on top.  We are going to hold off on a crib because she will most likely be in a bassinet next to our bed for a good amount of time.

So much to do and only 15 more weeks till my due date!

I'll end this blog entry with a couple of holiday pictures - one of our tree and another of us at Disneyland!


  
How far along?:  25 weeks and 3 days
Gender:  "Girl you know its true....oooh oooh oooh, I love you."  Name that artist.  
Cravings:  Nothing this week.  It's pissing me off
Sleep:  Not great
Things I miss:  Carbs
How is Sam feeling?:  He told me to post this quote:


"Handing your daughter over to her date is like giving a million dollar Stradivarius (most expensive violin) to a Gorilla." -unknown

A.K.A - Sam is dramatic.
 Can the baby girl just be born first?  Haha! 

Other:  Stroganoff smells disgusting!



 

How your baby's growing:
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment