Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

24 weeks!

It's been a couple weeks since I last blogged because Thanksgiving was busy around the Magtanong household!  We're blessed to have such great family and friends to share the holidays with.  Now the Christmas season is well under way, and I can't believe it'll be here in less than a month!  Where did the time go?  I looked at a calendar recently and realized that I have only 13 weeks before I am considered full term.  This freaks me out because we have accomplished nothing as far as getting our house ready, buying items etc.!  Well, that's not entirely true.  My friend, Ty, and I did a little damage with the Black Friday sales.  She is due just a week after I am and is also having a girl.  Two pregnant women who are both having girls is bad news when shopping for clothes!!  Haha

I had a doctors appointment today and the baby is perfect.  I am measuring right where I should be, which is a good thing since I have GD (gestational diabetes).  Her heart rate is at 153 and I've gained a total of 1 pound.  She's growing, but I am not.  I'm so okay with that.  =)  My OB said I need to start fetal kick counting at 28 weeks.  The minimum I should be looking for is 10 kicks in an hour whenever she is active.  If it is less than that I should head to the hospital.  I am now scheduled to come in every two weeks just to make sure everything is going smoothly.  I am thankful that I have a doctor who is on top of it!  

Thanksgiving was definitely a test for me and my GD, but I was successful!!  I was able to enjoy all the food (in moderation, of course) and not feel deprived.  My doctor said that my sugar levels would skyrocket the last two weeks of November, since my placenta is growing.  I'm finding the exact opposite; my levels are lower after each meal.  I'm not complaining - the less medication I can take the better.  We'll see how the next few weeks go.  Here are a few pictures from our Pre-Thanksgiving dinner with our close family friends and our actual Thanksgiving dinner:

Delmanoyrabeyes Cermagueztanorenolone (last names of everyone here haha) Thanksgiving Dinner 2011
Yummy food!
Us at Thanksgiving dinner.  Jacob was cranky.  Can you tell? 
The food was amazing! 
Pretty mango tart pie that we devoured.  So good.

 Two days later we got our Christmas tree!  I usually wait till the second week of December, but for some reason I just couldn't wait this year.  There is nothing better than a fresh tree in the house that makes the whole place smell like pine.  I love it!  Jacob was SO excited to pick out a tree.  I thought the holiday season was fun at 3 years old, but it is even more fun at 4!

My cutie pie

Always gotta have a family photo.... ;)
 And lastly, a 24 week picture with Jacob:
 


Also, check out this fun comparison.  This is me 21 weeks pregnant with Jacob and me 22 weeks pregnant with baby girl!  Crazy how much faster you show the second time around!  I'm carrying so much higher this time, too.


21 weeks in 2007
 

22 weeks in 2011


How far along?:  24 weeks and 5 days

Gender:  Girl!

Cravings:  Hot sandwiches with Kraft singles cheese.  So good!!

Sleep:  Sleep was TERRIBLE at 23 weeks.  This past week it has been great!

How's Sam feeling?:  He told me to post this quote:

"The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood.  The best way to understand people is to listen to them." - Ralph Nichols


A.K.A - Listen to Bev when she is hormonal and needs to whine and cry.  Or listen to Sam when he wants to talk about wild boar hunting and don't get annoyed.  Hahaha!


Other:  My birthday is coming up and I'm turning 29.  Ahhhh!!!   




Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment