Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

22 weeks!

It's crazy how much changes in 1 week.  Last week I was feeling baby girl move here and there, but nothing really consistent.  This week I have been feeling her kicks more and more.  Here's what I know about her so far:

1.  She's a martial artist...or a tap dancer.  And she likes to do both of these on my bladder.  :-/

2.  She's likes to move a lot at 10:35pm on the dot.  This is not good for Sam and I in the future.  Haha

I had an appointment with my OB last Tuesday.  Everything looks great!  I have gained a whopping 1 lb, which my doctor was very happy about.  Doesn't seem like a lot, but as long as the baby is okay then I'm okay with it. ;)  Apparently my blood sugar levels are going to go crazy on me in the next couple weeks as my placenta grows.  Just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas!  Yay.

What else?  The lease on our Toyota 4 Runner ended a few weeks ago, so it was time to switch it out for another car.  We went from this....

2006 Toyota 4 Runner SR 5

To this....


A 7 seater Toyota Highlander!  My new mommy wagon.  Not as rugged as our 4 runner, which I miss dearly, but I love it!  It's so much easier getting Jacob in and out of the car, so for that reason alone I am sold.  For about 5 seconds Sam and I considered a Toyota Sienna and then very quickly remembered that we're not quite ready for a van.  Haha

Lastly, here's a 22 week belly shot with my handsome boy:



How far along?:  22 weeks and 4 days

Gender:  Still a girl :)

Cravings:  Nothing in particular.  I am loving my tea everyday, though.

Sleep:  Not as great this week.  I've been waking up the past 3 days REALLY tired!

How's Sam feeling?: 

"I am having a girl.  I am now going to become an expert shotgun shooter." -Sam 
"You're so dramatic."
-Bev

Other:  Stepped into Babies R' Us the other day to get some bottles for my nephew.  I freaked out because it made me realize how much we still need to get!!



 

How your baby's growing:

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment